Friday, August 31, 2007

Digestion Adventure

Digestive System is the group of organs that breakdown food for use in the human body. This breakdown makes it possible for food to pass through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream. The food is then distributed to nourish all parts of the body.


We bite food in our mouth. Then the food turns into our sugar. Next our tongue pushes the food into our throat. A door opens down and goes down into your gullet. Next, muscles squeeze the food down into a tube called the esophagus. Then the value to the stomach opens. Next, the food is being mixed with digestive chemicals. Acid rains down from the pink walls which drip with mucus to keep the them from being eroded. The walls, of your muscle contract and fold in themselves again. Every wave mixes and churns the food and chemicals into smaller bits. Then another value opens and bring the food into the small intestine. Inside the small intestine, liquids and chemicals from places like kidneys and pancreas break down and mixed up the leftovers. From the villi, the nutrients will follow into your blood stream.



ILLUSTRATION


Mouth: Ouch! I'm eaten by somebody my body. They need to eat me because if they don't ate me they will die. First I enter the esophagus of the person.

Esophagus: The journey starts in the esophagus. I slide to a pink tube in the person's throat. The tube was not too long. The tube was 20-25 cm long. I slide through the esophagus and finally I arrived in the stomach.

Stomach: Finally I arrived in the person's stomach. I stay their for five hours to help them hang a food for hours. I stayed their didn't do anything. Slowly they took my body and I'm having to the small intestines. They slowly took a part of my body and then my body became a solid tiny food. In their they transfer me to a very long journey.

Abdomen: They bring me to a tube like a tunnel. The tunnel is like aslide on a swimming pool. It is very long to go to the end. I really have to wait for an hour and hour. Even my body is now already became a solid food.

Small intestine: Slowly they take my body intestine for the person's (vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, and my fat).

Large intestine: Finally apart of my body became a large intestine and I will get out of the person's body through the anus.


Bibliography:

1. Information website from: http://yucky.discovery.com/, Accessed on 28/08/07.

2. World Book, Inc., (2004), World Book's Child & Craft "About You", Accessed on 29/08/07.

3. World Book, Inc., (2004), World Book's Young Scientist "Human Body", Accessed on 29/08/07.

4. The World Book Encyclopedia, (2006), World Book D5 "Digestive System", Accessed on 30/08/07.

5. Bee Magazine, (2007), Bee Magazine "Amazing Facts and How the Digestive System Works", Accessed on 30/08/07.



4 comments:

RaptorF22 said...

hi Andrew, your digestive system is very good but i dont know where is the facts so 7/10. because you didnt have the facts i actualy wanna give 6/10 but the 7 is for the spelling.

devilbats said...

7 for spelling.

Jane Ross said...

Hi Andrew. Your total score is 37/40. You got the following:
Knowledge 10/10
Spelling 5/5
Punctuation 5/5
Descriptive Words 4/5
Creativity 4/5
Relevant Pictures 3/5
Bibliography 5/5

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew! You got 8/10 from me, because one of the sentences didn't make sense, and you didn't put the same tense in your story.